pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Giving It A Twirl


dress/jacket: thrifted, belt: Kohl's, shoes/watch: Target






This dress just wants me want to twirl! The dress was baggy in the waist and several inches longer than I thought it should be, so I used a headband to create a new waist line, then bloused the dress over the headband to shorter the dress a few inches.  Does this make sense? Clearly I don't have a future in giving tutorials! :)


Once again, linked up with Rolled Up Pretty and The Pleated Poppy!


pleated poppy



11 comments:

  1. Great dress! I think I get what you mean about the headband- you used an elastic one, right?
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an elastic one! It's actually one that my friend took apart to use the flower for my hair pin from my wedding. I'm glad I never threw away the elastic band!

      Delete
  2. Yes, it does make sense! =)

    Love the dress and I have to say, really love the belt!

    oxo

    ML
    Twenty York Street
    www.twentyyork.com
    Follow me in Twitter: @20YS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For some reason I really love the tan paired with the pink and green.

      Delete
  3. That dress looks like so much fun!

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! It really was a lot of fun to wear this outfit!

      Delete
  4. That's such a great idea to use the elastic headband to "take in" the waist! I never would've thought of that. The dress is so pretty and perfect for twirling :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I get a sewing machine and learn how to use it, I'll have to stick to tricks like that. :)

      Delete
  5. So pretty!! I love the color and the flirty skirt of the dress! I'd be twirling in it too. I also like the jacket, it dresses it down a little bit, in a good way. Great idea about the elastic headband too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Beth! I thought the jacket provided a little more contrast with my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute dress
    great idea!

    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete