pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Zombies?

tee: Kohl's, necklace/belt: Target, sweater: Old Navy, skirt: thrifted, shoes: Kmart

Blame it on the glass of wine I had at happy hour, but I took these pictures in a downtown park! With lots of people around! I'm getting a little braver apparently. Although I'm just now notice the porta-potties on the background...classy. :) I do have love for this park though. When my husband and I got married almost a year ago, we took pictures in this park. We had no idea the Zombie Walk was going on, which is apparently an event that hundreds of people participate in by dressing up as zombies and marching through the park to raise money for our local food bank. We took the picture below for a good laugh, but in some of my nicer wedding photos, you can see people off in the distance, and it's kind of fun to know that they're people pretending to be zombies!

I feel like I should say something about my outfit. This really is one of my favorite skirts, and I think I love it anymore because it's thrifted. A student today looked at my outfit, then said "you have on like 8 bright colors and some cheetah print, but you look good Ms. Jess!" I think I'll go ahead and consider that a compliment!

Apparently I very nicely, but sternly told this lady not to touch me :)


Linking up to The Pleated Poppy, Rolled Up Pretty, and A Little Bit of Lacquer today!


pleated poppy

14 comments:

  1. That's funny. Love the zombie pic! Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cracks me up! too funny. you look beautiful in your wedding dress! i also love your green skirt. and i love it paired with the pink shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how a wedding dress just makes anyone look and feel beautiful! It almost makes me sad that they're only meant to wear once! haha

      Delete
  3. You look so gorgeous in your wedding dress! They do a Zombie Walk here too every year :) Yay for taking public photos in the park for your blog!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it until last year! Thankfully all the pictures at the park were after the wedding, and I was so relaxed by that point that I could've cared less what was in the background...I was just ready to enjoy the party! :)

      Delete
  4. LOL about the Zombie Walk and your wedding! That makes a fun story though! Looks like a nice park. I love those pink shoes, they are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous park. They have a huge outdoor festival every year that's really fun too!

      I love these pink shoes too...they've been so much more versatile than I expected when I first bought them. Either that, or I'm just determined to wear them with everything. :)

      Delete
  5. That Zombie lady looks cray cray!! :) But you looked super cute! Love the leopard cardigan!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love making animal prints work appropriate. :)

      Delete
  6. Hilarious - I would love it if I saw random zombies in a park! And that skirt really is amazing, that's an awesome thrifting find! I'm also trying to be brave and take pictures in public lately - maybe a glass of wine (or 3) would help me too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! The wine was definitely the reason, but I was ready for a change of scenery. Outfit pictures in public does make for a very fast photo shoot! haha

      Delete
  7. CUTE! Love the red and turquoise together! GO YOU FOR TAKING PICTURES IN FRONT OF PEOPLE! I have yet to get over that fear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Savannah! I was SO SO nervous!!

      Delete