pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Work Appropriate Neon

tee: Forever 21, blazer: Walmart, pants: NY & Co., shoes/watch: Kohl’s


bracelets: Forever 21, thrifted and made by me! (Check out Andrea's Blog, For the Love of... for instructions) *I am clumsy this week! - scratches in this picture, a cut on a toe and my thumb, and a bruise on my hand...no clue where they came from!


I’ve had this shirt for over a year now, but have always worn it like I did here. It’s so comfortable that it’s always just been my go-to weekend shirt, perfect for activities like grocery shopping and lounging around at home.
This month’s Everybody Everywear challenge made me want to find a way to pull off neon in the workplace.  It can be a little intense of a trend to pull off at work, but we have a pretty flexible dress code. Even though we can wear jeans anytime, I decided to dress up the tee with some dress pants. I chose the white blazer to bring a little more polish to the outfit and to tone down the neon.
I also had to show off my accessories because I made the rhinestone bracelet! I found the DIY project on Andrea's blog, For the Love of.... Such a fun and cute project that takes maybe 10 minutes from start to finish. I definitely recommend trying it!

Image 4970

Also linking up to my usual favs....


the pleated poppy blog

10 comments:

  1. That outfit and color is good on you. I like that jacket too ^_^

    Mary,MI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The jacket sat in my closet forever, but I'm finally getting a lot of use out of it.

      Delete
  2. Super cute striped neon shirt, and I can't believe you got that blazer at Walmart - great find! Your rhinestone bracelet turned out great too, I might have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten lucky and found some great stuff at Walmart! I can't stand the store that's closest to my house though, so I haven't been in awhile. Maybe after that shopping ban! haha

      And this bracelet was such an easy DIY! I'm looking forward to getting crafty again in the future. :)

      Delete
  3. Great job! I totally skipped EBEW this month. I just can't get into the neon trend. I do like your shirt though, it's cute! And I love your rhinestone bracelet! I want to make one now! I'll let you know if I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a tough one! I was a little intimidated to wear it to work, but nobody even made a comment about the brightness of my shirt that day though, so it must not have been too bad. :)

      Delete
  4. i love this look. i have no neon in my closet and i need some! i also love your diy bracelet. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Neon has always been a little scary! Most of mine is in the form of workout clothes, but this bracelet was a really fun project!

      Delete
  5. This is a cute look and an easy way to add a touch of neon to your office outfit! I saved that bracelet DIY a while ago but still need track down some rhinestone bracelets as a base.

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bunch of colored bangles from Forever 21, so I just used one of those. I used my hot glue gun to attached a strand of rhinestones to the bracelet...I found that at JoAnn Fabrics pretty inexpensively!

      Delete