pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Day After A Birthday

vest: thrifted, tank: Target, jeans: Old Navy, shoes: Gap Outlet, necklace: Walmart, watch/bracelet: Target


Today was the first time I've ever worn something sleeveless to work. When I bought this vest/jacket thing, I imagined it with a short sleeve shirt underneath, but our insufficient air conditioning at work led me to layering it with a tank instead and I like it! I had grand plans for this outfit that included wearing heels, but I was so tired this morning from enjoying a late dinner and a few drinks last night to celebrate my husbands' 30th birthday, that I just couldn't bear the thought of heels and went with flats instead. It's crazy how much of an lady I'm turning into...you can't mess with my sleep schedule!  


Chinese restaurant called Wing's, known for their scotch selection, located in a historically Jewish neighborhood - we loved that place and we're pretty sure it's one of a kind!

birthday boy enjoying a scotch and a cookie :)

Linking up.....

the pleated poppy blog


27 comments:

  1. I love your thrifted vest! It looks awesome with your white jeans. Glad you had a nice time celebrating your hubby's birthday. A belated Happy 30th to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great together! whisky and a cookie???? I never thought in that mix... You look great and I´m glad you´re trying denim over denim..
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! I loved your look so much that I just have to give it a try sometime soon. :)

      Delete
  3. by the way I´m your 33 GFC follower and I´m also following in pinterest, so please do the same for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that outfit, jess! and happy belated birthday to the man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The restaurant looks great, and I love your outfit! I normally wouldn't wear anything sleeveless to work, I'm normally more the person who likes it warmer, so I'm hardly ever dressed too warm. But I think the top looks much more "dressed up" / like "work" with the vest jacket thing - like a blazer - t-shirt combination without sleeves ;-)

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! I miss being able to wear longer sleeves. I'm hopeful for functional air conditioning sometime soon! :)

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to your hubby! I like how he's celebrating! I enjoyed scotch on my 30th birthday too! I also love that outfit, the color of the vest is great, it all works together nicely! I love the necklace too!

    So I tagged you with the "Liebster Award" on my blog. Check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! Have that scotch was the only thing he wanted to do for his birthday, so it was so much fun to see him enjoy it! :)

      Thanks for the tag too! I'm so excited to post about it!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to your husband, and I love the vest! What a great find!

    http://astyleinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vest. Awesome unique and fun find. You pull it off really really well.

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that vest and Happy Birthday to your guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely one of my new favorites!

      Delete
  10. You have cute style! I am your newest follower!

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! I'm following your blog now too!

      Delete
  11. I love this vest on you, so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the fun color of it!

      Delete
  12. This outfit is so perfect and summery! I love it! And happy birthday to your husband : ) Looks like a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, awesome thrifted vest! I love it paired with a tank and the white pants, it's sort of nautical with the gold buttons but in a totally unexpected way - love it! And happy birthday to your hubby, looks like you guys had a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I wouldn't of thought of that, but you're right...it does have a nautical feel!

      Delete