pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to School

cardigan and shoes: Target, skirt: thrifted, necklace: handmade hair clip from my wedding connecting two necklaces from Walmart.

In high school, I would plan to wear all my new clothes the first week back in school for the year. I'm sure back then, that was new sandals, a cute t-shirt, and a pair of jeans - all from American Eagle. Do you remember those graphic tees they always sold? Yeah, I lived in those! I spent college going to class in old t-shirts and ripped jeans, caring more about what I was wearing out that weekend rather than what I actually wore to school. Since I'm finally an Academic Advisor (still super excited about that!), this month's Everybody Everywear Back to School theme got me thinking from the opposite perspective. While I care more about how I advise my students than I care about how what I'm wearing when I meet with them, I'd like to present myself as a professional so my students can trust my suggestions and instructions! :) I figured a pencil skirt, cardigan, and heels would do the trick!


Linking up...



EBEW - Back To School

the pleated poppy blog



7 comments:

  1. Love the outfit!!! Perfect for back to school :)

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Very professional while still looking approachable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I had a ton of those graphic t's from AE when I was in college, I lived in them!! And I did the same thing - wear all my new clothes the first week of school (weather permitting, lol).

    This is a great professional, yet stylish look! I love the necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this look - totally professional! i love what you did with your necklaces! it is so funny to think back to what we wore in high school/college. i remember thinking graphic tees from american eagle were the coolest things ever, too. i'm glad that time of my life has passed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look SO cute! That pencil skirt fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is so pretty and professional. I love it! :)

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your necklace and pencil skirt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete