pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lately

necklace: Francesca's, shirt: Target, pants: NY & Co., shoes: thrifted

I’ve noticed a shift in what I’m drawn to when I go shopping recently. I've been buying a lot of loose fitting tops that just feel so cozy to me. Like this shirt – I feel like it’s as close to wearing pajamas to work as I’ll ever get! For me, the trick is to pair them with something fitted for the bottom half to avoid looking sloppy, or even worse, like I weigh 15 pounds more than I really do! :)


Linking up...


the pleated poppy blog

6 comments:

  1. Do you know of J's Everyday Fashion? Her blog was the first I read on a daily basis. One memorable piece of advice I gained from her was to balance volume, as you said. Pair looser fitting tops with short bottoms or a more fitted bottom piece. Following you back now :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love her blog! So glad to have you as a follower!

      Delete
  2. It's funny to see what we get really interested in buying at certain times - I get in a mindset too and buy a few similar type things. Pairing loose things with fitted bottoms is the way to go for sure - definitely don't want to add 15 lbs to any outfit, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really funny to see! I'm doing a good job adding the pounds this week without the help of bagging clothing...using the fact that I ran a marathon as an excuse to eat whatever I want needs to stop right now! haha

      Delete
  3. I think you did good with the balance - I hear you on trying to figure out how to wear that kind of thing can be tricky though! I love that necklace you are wearing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I wish baggy top and pants looked cute, but apparently I'll have to save that look for lounging around at home! :)

      Delete