pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Adding a Blazer


dress: Kohls, blazer: thrifted, leggings: Target, boots: Clothes Mentor

Picture me in Kohl’s, searching the clearance racks of the after Christmas sales even though my bank account said I had no business doing so. I found this dress, and there was just no convincing me to leave it behind for a price of only $15. Because I constantly feel the need to justify a purchase (this would be a good characteristic if I had a stronger ability to tell myself no!), I told myself it’ll be perfect for the wedding of one of my husbands’ friends…..in November. Now what do you think the chances are that in 11 months time, that I wouldn’t find another dress that would be “just perfect” for that wedding. But I bought it, and I will wear it to that wedding…at least I think I will. :) I finally decided that it needed more use than just that one event. I’ve seen a ton of people look great in a blazer and dress/skirt combination -Ginny, Dotty, Megan, Heidi just to name some of my favorites, so I decided to give that a try. Personally, I think the fit of the blazer works well with this dress, the blazer covers the arms which are made up of see through lace (not exactly work appropriate), and the color combination is just fun! 


Linking up...


the pleated poppy blog

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! As in yesterday's and today's post both have turquoise and red in them. I love those two colors together! Yay YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! I wouldn't have been able to resist it either! And I love that you added the blue blazer. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blazer and a dress are a great combination! I would have not been able to resist that dress either! And I've totally done that - bought a dress intending to wear it to a wedding months away but finding a use for it before then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, you look great! those two colors look fantastic together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combination! I host a style link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-ever-my-style-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this look??? I love it, the red and blue are so pretty! Thans for the shout out too :) definitely a favorite of yours, you look so pretty.
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete