FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Struggle

Fabulous K via Pinterest (tried my best to link back to give the deserved credit for this...)


*I drafted this post during lunch on Friday, but wanted to wait to make sure this is still how I feel. Yep, it is...



I wholeheartedly agree with this quote, but you guys, I’m struggling with this one. I don’t think I’ve gone in too deep into what I do for a living on here, but I’m sure I’ve mentioned its social services related and grant funded. Its HARD work, but it can be incredibly rewarding. It can also be incredibly disappointing for various reasons, that disappointment not always being based on the actions of our youth.
Like I said, I’m struggling. I’m not giving 100% right now because I don’t feel capable of it, and that’s a place emotionally that I don’t like to be in. I know I’ve been holding back on here, not because I want to, but because there’s certain things I can’t put out there on the internet for everyone to potentially see. I truly hope I’m in a position to be a little more open about it over the next few weeks. Right now I feel like that girl that says “oh nothing…” when you ask her what’s wrong even though you can clearly tell something’s wrong and she wants to talk about it.  That’s one of my biggest pet peeves! Truthfully I’m hoping for a lot of things, but mostly that a week at the beach lets me come back to work feeling recharged and refocused on what’s important to me! 
If you stuck around to listen to me mope, thank you!! :) I promise I should be back to my outfit posting, fun loving self soon!!


12 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I can relate, I definitely have days where I feel that way. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything works out, Jess! I'm a social worker and my former job was grant funded as well. Sending hugs!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a statement necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I don't think I knew that you were a social worker! I'm sure everyone goes through the phases and hoping I snap out of mine soon! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope that everything pans out the way it's supposed to and you're feeling back to yourself soon! I hope you get your 'batteries charged' on vacation :) and that you're having a great time and enjoying yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! It was so good to get away, I just really don't want to go back now! haha

      Delete
  4. Aw, I hope this works itself out so you start feeling more optimistic soon - we all have those times, so don't feel alone! Take the vacation time you need to recharge and I'll be sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I'm feeling a little more determined to have a better attitude going into this week. :)

      Delete
  5. I hope things get better for you!

    BTW, I nominated you for the Liebster award! Check it out here: http://just-another-smith.blogspot.com/2012/08/winning.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending you good thoughts, jess! i work in social services too {i think you've shared with me what you do before?} and there are days that i am so overwhelmed and emotionally drained i just hope that there won't be another crisis to put out. i am one of those people too that hates just saying i'm fine if someone asks me how i'm doing because my work really affects me (sometimes too much) but i hate to burden people with the emotions of my job. i feel like i can empathize on some level with what you're going through though and i hope you are nearing a resolution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! You and I are the same in that our work just really affects us! I feel like the highs in this line of work are amazing to be a part of, but the lows are really trying. It's hard to just turn off those emotions and feel like I'm being myself when I blog, but I can't let myself vent like I want to because it's just not professional. Thanks for the good thoughts and I have a really good feeling things will turn around soon!

      Delete