FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Budget

photo 1 (2) march2


H&M: 
white tee and blue tee $9.95 each (not pictured)

Target:
Boots $24.48 (not pictured, but seen here)
White vest $27.99
Red tee $4.48 (not pictured)
Black/white dress - $19.99 (had $5 off coupon)
Olive sweater $22.99
Striped blazer $34.99

Discount Fashion Warehouse:
Tan sweater $14 (not pictured)
Green cargos $14 (not pictured, but kind of seen here)
Skinny ankle jeans $14 (not pictured, but seen here)
Gold necklace $7 (not pictured)

Walmart:
Striped skirt $14.44
Red bag $18.88

Scotts Antique Market:
Rings $60 (separate post likely coming soon)

March Total = $297.14
$471.43 spent out of $900 yearly budget = $428.57 remaining

Whoops. I know I switched to a yearly budget rather than a monthly budget, but if you've been following along lately you probably noticed that I am not on track to meet that at all. So far I'm ok with this though. I've noticed that my style preferences have changed just slightly enough that I was feeling like my wardrobe needed refreshed a little bit, and since we always get a bonus from work in March, I felt comfortable spending some money. So refresh I did I guess! Lots of new basics that can pull double duty by being appropriate work or weekend options. How did you do this month?!

Linking up over at Franish as usual for budgeting bloggers...

16 comments:

  1. :-) I wish I could budget my spending...hahaha I never try anymore...haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely ignored it this month! haha

      Delete
  2. Looks like you got some great pieces! I need to get better at spending money on clothes, but I'm sure with spring around the corner, that won't be easy.

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! I think the changing of seasons always brings out the urge to freshen up your closet a little, doesn't it?! :)

      Delete
  3. cute blazer! looks like you got some pretty great pieces :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! It will definitely be one of my favorites. :)

      Delete
  4. I want everything you bought! Good budget! I have been looking for a cute striped skirt, I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I liked this one mostly for the price, but also I think it has more structure or something so it's a little more forgiving on me than some of the others I've found. :)

      Delete
  5. I need to budget better - every month that I see your recap I think - I'm going to do this next month! And then I don't. Bad me.

    CUTE pieces that you bought - I love the blazer and the skirt and that great red bag!! I can't wait to hear more about the rings too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I would love to see your recap if you ever decide to do it. Even though it didn't work too well this month, it's typically a good way to keep myself in check. I just keep a note in my phone with a list of things and their cost as I buy them.

      Delete
  6. I think this is my favorite shopping months of yours. I love everything you got and I wish you took photos of the other items too. The Vest, Striped Blazer & B+W Dress are my favorites. Such beautiful, sophisticated, neutral pieces. I need a B+W Striped Blazer. Cannot wait for you to see how you wear everything. And good for you for splurging. I know you spent a lot but you got a ton of items for that $$.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada!! I wish I would've taken photos of the other items too, but I've noticed there's several pieces I've been wearing already so they should be appearing on the blog soon!

      Delete
  7. Wow, you got such great pieces this month! Love the blazer, skirt, and dress especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inge! I can't wait to wear the dress, but I keep wanting it to be warmer first so I don't have to layer it up with tights. :)

      Delete
  8. I love my striped blazer and striped skirt, so I approve of these pieces :) I imagine you'll get a lot of wear out of everything you got!

    ReplyDelete