FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Friday, February 22, 2013

Proud

shirt: thrifted, sweater & bracelet: Old Navy, jeans: Gap, boots & watch: Target, necklace: Walmart
I'm proud of myself, and let me tell you why. I love everything in Target, which is why I need to stay the heck out of their stores. Going to Target on my way home from work on a Friday used to be my reward after a long week, but that's an expensive reward for someone like me who needs to be on a budget. So I've been trying to be better lately, and it's worked a little bit because before today it had been four and a half weeks since I had been in a Target. 

Tonight I caved though, and stopped by my favorite store on my way home from work because we needed Gatorade, cereal, and facewash (of course I didn't just stop at the Giant Eagle we can see from our front door...) I've decided it was ok though, because those clearance finds that found their way into my shopping basket? I would've normally bought them all, but decided that the pants weren't all that great, the dress bunched a little too much, and I already have a pastel purse that I really should use more often. It may seem silly, but to walk out of there and know that I had successfully kept my spending it check felt like a little bit of a victory. I think I'll celebrate with a glass of wine...happy weekend everyone! :)


Linking up...


16 comments:

  1. Way to be strong! I had to tell myself to walk away from a few tempting Target items last weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were able to stay strong too! :) I need to keep practicing self restraint so we'll say it was a good decision to go on Friday...haha!

      Delete
  2. I blatently refuse to go to Target more than once a month, and only if I know I have a few bucks to blow. It's just punishment to go there if you can't buy anything! Target is the greatest place ever. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need to do too! From here on out, I think I'll stick to a one month rule. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Walking out of Target without clothes is almost impossible for me, although I do *try* and only buy things I absolutely LOVE in the stores....which is usually like everything I try on ;)

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard! I keep telling myself that being pickier will pay off in the long run. :)

      Delete
  4. haha, i think we all have this problem! good for you for getting out of there unscathed. i'm always tempted by the clearance jewelry and belts. sometimes it helps to walk around and do the rest of your shopping and leave the item you want on the shelf and if you're lucky, you forget about it by the time you're at the check out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or that it's gone because someone else picked it up by the time you went back for it! :) I always have a weak spot for Target purses too. I want so many of them, but I really truly don't need them!

      Delete
  5. You should be proud! Everyone knows it is practically impossible to go in for one or two things and NOT browse through every department looking for deals. I always feel sorta good about myself when I've been carrying something around and then decide I don't need it after all. (But I also feel proud when I find something awesome! So there's that too haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's balance though, right?! :) If I would've found something truly awesome there's no way I would've been able not to buy it...I'm just learning to redefine what I think is awesome! haha

      Delete
  6. That's a long time to go without Target! Very impressive! :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Target is an easy temptation with all their cute stuff.

    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! Yes, such an easy temptation with the cute stuff and reasonable prices! :)

      Delete
  8. Ooooo girl, I totally know what you mean! I love me some Target. Cute outfits (here and below). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to stay the heck out of Target too!

    ReplyDelete