FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

New Favorite Denim

denim shirt
shirt: Target, pants: Kohl's, shoes: thrifted, purse: gift from my SIL

If you caught my March Spending post from Monday then you've already heard about my good find in the form of a denim shirt, but thought it needed another post that would have you feeling like I'm writing a love letter to a piece of clothing. Because seriously, this may be my new favorite shirt. It's structured enough while not being too fitted, thick enough that it prevents wrinkling, and so comfortable that it may be replacing the black t-shirt that's often being paired with black jeggings on days I just can't mentally pull it together enough to form an outfit. 

On the day I wore this look, I wore my favorite pointy toed leopard flats with it but when the forecast threatened rain and I had plans to walk to lunch with some co-workers so I decided to throw on some sneakers for my lunch hour instead. And you know what? I really liked it! Although I joined in the #momstyle link up with Anne and Jenn last week to talk about how I typically style my sneakers, this look felt decidedly mom-ish to me but in a good way! Like a "I care about how I look enough to wear my denim on top instead of on bottom and I'm tricking you into thinking I put in more effort because I have a button up on but don't make me give up my sneakers because I want to comfortably chase my 1 year old all over the damn place" type of way. Is that a thing?! Let's make that a thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment