FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Currently

EST. 2015


I swear it always seems to be something, but we’re just coming out of another rough patch that left me feeling not mentally capable of maintaining anything other than my full time job. While I’m still not sure if the severe sleep struggles Jacob was having were related to teething, a developmental phase (because the attachment to momma issues are so fierce right now), or just a funk I’m just glad we’re finally emerging from it and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate a return to writing than joining in with the Currently link up with Anne and Jenna again!

Planning...
A presentation at work last week on the topic of ex-offenders in higher education. For the first few years out of college I worked for an agency supporting ex-offenders, and then spent another couple of years working for another agency that didn’t exclusively work with ex-offenders but it was frequently a barrier for the clients I worked with. I felt a little rusty and it’d been awhile since I had done a presentation of any kind so my nerves were definitely at play. I’m proud of what I put together though and think it went well – now I’m just glad it’s done!

Enjoying...
Finally getting some time back home last weekend. We live in a subdivision in the city/edge of the burbs and my parents live in the country on a little more than 2 acres. After multiple weekends of spending outdoor time at our house having to redirect Jacob out of a neighbor’s yard every 2 seconds, I was craving a trip back home and letting him just run. We got to do that over the h
holiday weekend and it was so refreshing to just relax and take things slow for a day!

Buying...
I’ve been drawn to pastel pink and floral patterns lately which is such a shift in my preferences! Maybe I’m sick of all the black, or ready for the weather to finally start acting like it’s spring/bordering on summer. :)

Craving...
Iced coffees, loaded up with lots of almond milk, a little bit of Trader Joe's dairy free vanilla creamer, and just a touch of Torani's s'mores flavored syrup.

Pinning...
Any look I can find that involves a loose fitting tee and a cozy sweater it seems. I think I could live in that style! Now that the weather is warming up, I’m craving all the lightweight sweater options that help transition coming in from the heat to the cranked up air conditioning both at work and at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment