FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Feeling Refreshed

IMG_8331


How many times can I disappear for long periods of time and then pop back in claiming I’m back before you guys stop believing me? :) Like it probably did for most everyone, life got really busy in December between working full time plus a particularly busy time at work, preparing for the holidays, traveling for the holidays, and then there was the parenting challenge of my child suddenly deciding that he wanted to be an even worse sleeper than he was before so add exhaustion to that list of excuses (I’m blaming the appearance of 5 new teeth for that one).

And can I be honest for a second? I wasn’t taking any time for myself and started feeling a little bit lost on how to make sure I was taking the time my introverted little self needs to come back to my roles as mother, wife, daughter, friend, and full time professional feeling refreshed and like I’m able to give my best self to those around me. Recently things have started to slow down a little bit at work, my kid decided he likes sleeping again, and I even had a brief amount of alone time with my husband last weekend while a friend watched our son and it’s thankfully left me feeling much more like a balanced and sane person.

But I still have a lot of work to do to find a way to keep those scales from tipping out of balance as frequently as they seem to, and I think a big part of that is committing myself to something (or things I guess) that I know just simply makes me feel good and refreshed. I realize that this blog has been just that, but it’s always had the focus on personal style and focused on outfits and I think I may be at the point where I’m just not inspired to talk about clothes when I’m tired from a tough patch in life.

So where does that leave me? Feeling excited to reconnect with this space and with you, but probably in just a little bit different way. Jess Gets Dressed Sometimes is still a completely applicable name for the blog because I enjoy putting together an outfit I feel good about and then talking about it so I still plan to make that a big focus of this space. But in those times where the clothes I reach for that morning are not in any way inspiring to me, rather than disconnect I’d like to talk about whatever is inspiring me that day and share a little bit more of myself. Not just the Jess who likes clothes, but also the Jess who feels like she has completely changed since becoming a mom, who really enjoys the work she does but some days would give it all up in a heartbeat for something else, is all about a good bargain, is trying to become less of a consumer and clear the clutter in her life, and frequently feels like she barely has her shit together. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment