FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Half Tuck Fail



skirt and shirt: thrifted, boots: Target, necklace: antique market, watch: Kohl's


I tried the half tuck thing today, but it may have been a little bit of a fail.  I'm sure I'll try it again though!  The victory that I will take though is that both my skirt and shirt are thrifted.  I must admit that I'm a little proud of myself when this happens.  

To add a little comedy to this post, my husband asked me if I was going to ride horses today when he saw my outfit. :)  I would've looked a little less country/cowgirl if I would've worn different shoes, but me deciding to run last night after four months off resulted in legs that were just not dealing with heels today!

4 comments:

  1. I tried the partial tuck last week and it wasn't working, it only emphasized my tummy. Like you, I'm willing to try again, though! I think I have those exact same Target boots!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn these boots so much since I bought them last fall! They're wonderful! I also felt like the partial tuck emphasized my tummy. As I was putting this post together, I realized that I wished I took my outfit pictures in the morning so I would've realized that before I wore this outfit the whole day, but at least I'll know for next time.

      Delete
  2. Good for you giving it a try! I like the color of your skirt, what a pretty color peach! I like it paired with the chambray shirt! And your boots are cute. Husbands are so funny sometimes when it comes to fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I think I'm really drawn to the peach and coral tones this year as I look at the items I've bought recently. I feel like if my husband goes awhile without commenting on an outfit, then that means I've gone too long without trying something new! :)

      Delete