FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Monday, March 5, 2012

Something Blu


shirt and sweater: thrifted, jeans: Gap

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever layered a button up under a sweater.  I found the green button up at a thrift stores' 50% off everything sale last week and only paid $2 for it.  It fits perfectly!  No gaping button and the tailored fit really has a slimming effect.  I feel like that effect is loss when you add this sweater, but I think I may be able to bring it back next time by adding a skinny belt to provide some more structure.

blue necklace: BrideBlu, button necklace: handmade by my aunt

My favorite part of my outfit?  My jewelry!  I love unique pieces!  I discovered Cat's etsy shop: BrideBlu through a blog (I can't remember which one!) and when I found this blue necklace on her site, I had to have it.  It's probably only because it's blue and it's vintage, but the necklace reminded of the blue ring my cousin lent me for my wedding that had belonged to our grandmother.  Combine unique and sentimental and I'm sold in an instant.  It arrived over the weekend and I wore it for the first time today.  It's dainty, and is great layered with  the other necklace in the picture, my button necklace made from a part of my grandmother's button collection, an almost every day part of my wardrobe. (See!  I told you I'm sentimental!)  

my grandmother's ring, borrowed from my cousin on my wedding day

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jess ... hooray! Thank you so much for the shout-out post. You look absolutely stunning in your *new* blue necklace. I am glad that you love it so!

    Hooray for the layers ... such a great look on you. It may be the first time you are wearing this concept but I hope not the last :)

    xxCat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Cat! I just love your etsy shop and all the cute pieces you have!

      Delete
  2. The necklaces are beautiful! I like them both. I've never worn a button-up under a sweater. You weren't alone, although you have crossed into the other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This button up was perfect for trying this look out. I'm going to snatch up every Express button up like that I find at a thrift store from here on out. :)

      Delete