FullSizeRender

pages

HOME ABOUT ME 2 BUDGET

Monday, March 14, 2016

Unexpected

poncho
sweater: Discount Fashion Warehouse (Express brand) exact / pants: Discount Fashion Warehouse (Limited brand) / boots: Kohl's / necklace: The Jones Market

The temperature seems like it's finally going to settle into temperatures warm enough to make sweaters with a cowl neck feel unnecessary I think so I thought I better hurry up and post this picture from a few weeks ago. Both my sweater and my pants are from Discount Fashion Warehouse, which is pretty much an outlet store here in Columbus. They always have items from the Limited, Express, and Victoria's Secret and then there's plenty of other random finds. It's one of those stores where you have to check the quality to make sure there's not a hole or a stain, but the pay off is $14 sweaters and pants that usually retail for around $70. I've got two things working against me that make this perfect for me: I'm cheap and work in higher education which is definitely more emotionally fulfilling than financially fulfilling. ;)

I had my eye on the poncho trend so I was really excited to find this sweater at that $14 price point that didn't leave me feeling guilty for buying it. I tried it on in the M/L size and was disappointed that it just looked sloppy on me. Before giving up on it I realized I could try on the XS/S size and felt like that option fit perfectly! At my height and weight I would've never imagined that something in the XS range would come close to fitting, but this was one of those situations where it paid off to not get tunnel vision with what it says on the tag. Have you ever had a great find that was in a size you weren't expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment